Monday, March 10, 2008

Come out little caterpillars....

So most of you know how terribly afraid of insects that I am so you are probably also aware that I take every opportunity (refusal to be alone in the basement, checking in the bed, food, cupboards, floor, shower curtain, scanning the walls and ceiling) to find my multi-legged arch enemies where-ever i go. After a devastating encounter in the basement I have become more paranoid so last year I was making sphagetti and I opened a box of pasta and just as I was about to pour it into the boiling water on the stove I found a small surprise inside the box. It was a small caterpillar looking thing. Well I should've just thrown it away but no, I looked it up on google and discovered from message boards of other paranoid homeowners that I was infested with beetle larvae. Or so I thought even though there was evidence of one lone ranger. So I didn't even pause to look I just freaked and threw out every non-refrigerated/frozen food and spice in the house. The paranoid insect hater in me then spent a small fortune on fumigators and not penetrable plastic food storage. I still don't trust them so everything but canned goods is usually in our refrigerator and I always inspect pasta now!
Fast forward to now, and for the last few months all of my t-shirts are ending up with little holes right where the belly button is. Shayne's are fine. Madelyn's are fine. It is just my t-shirts and the holes are always right over the belly button. I no longer wear a belly button piercing so I know its not that. Well I decided to google it (big mistake) and guess what I found. Its the damn beetle larvae!! But why are they targeting only my shirts and why only in the same spot?? Are they pissed about being fumigated from the kitchen? And no, they're not living in my belly button! I inspected my closet and dresser but I couldn't find anything. I have to be honest and say that I am tempted to throw all of my shirts away holes or not but I fear that my husband may have me committed.
Enough of this blabbing I will get some pics of Madelyn up soon!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Madelyn,

I am sorry about your Mommy. I hope when "the crazy" takes over her that you understand it is only temporary. In the meantime, play with ants. Bring them into the house, it's too cold outside for them.

abuela said...

Abuela has the answer to your moms dilema. are you ready,I have seen it myself in the past. Its called my tummy is toO large and its rubbing against the kitchen sink and everthing else. LOVE. HUGS AND KISSES , ABUELA